Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Joys of Jealousy.

(don't read if you want an upper) When I look back on my short, short life, I see something that I would not want to be confronted with. Ever. I look back and I see a jealous heart. I was, and probably still am, a jealous person. The mindset of, "that is what I want, that is what I deserve, and that is mine, alone--How dare you say/act/think otherwise!" Is for God only. Jealousy is the deepest, most dangerous, intensely subtle, harmful sin I know of. I have only ever realized that it is in me because of brutal honesty, angry self humiliation, God showing me what it's like to be on the receiving end of it, and a lot of sorrow. Jealousy is the hardest way find out that you are worshiping yourself. Jealousy destroys. And bitterness is its child.

No comments:

Post a Comment